Default Help with screw eyes

On 3 Nov 2005 21:52:56 -0800, wrote:

Some more great ideas. I thought about the wood plug idea and that may
work although I was hoping for something with more certainty if that
makes sense. I am guessing tho that the wood plug would work if I used
a good hardwood to screw into. I like the thumbscrew idea and will look
into that. I really like the suspended ceiling screw idea! I hope I
can find some of them at Home Depot.

Oh, I am building the lure not as a novelty but as something that will
be used...therefore the need for strength! Thank you again.

II

if it's gonna get used you should be using stainless.

stainless tie wire is probably the right thing.make a loop of it that
twists up and flattens out to a bit longer than the body. drill a hole
all of the way through the body lengthwise, pass the wire loop through
and epoxy it in. now the wore is attached at both ends and the wood
is just riding there.