Default Help with screw eyes

Some more great ideas. I thought about the wood plug idea and that may
work although I was hoping for something certainty if that makes sense.
I am guessing tho that the wood plug would work if I used a good
hardwood to screw into. I like the thumbscrew idea and will look into
that. I really like the suspended ceiling screw idea! I hope I can
find some of them at Home Depot.

Oh, I am building the lure not as a novelty but as something that will
be used...therefore the need for strength! Thank you again.

II

Brad Bruce wrote:
wrote:
I am building a very large fishing lure with Western Red Cedar. Because
of its weight, I am worried that the front screw eyes I typically use
will pull out. In fact, some tests I ran showed that the screw would
come out. I could use a more dense wood like maple but I very much
enjoy using WRC and besides that it's a wonderful wood for making
lures.

I tried flattening out the head end of a 3" wood screw and then
drilling it out on the end for a line tie but it wouldn't quite work.
Is there such a thing as a large wood screw with a hole on the end of
it allowing something to be tied to it? I would like something about
3" long.

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

thank you

II

Suspended ceilings use some pretty large screw-in eye-bolts.

Brad