mm

Default dishwasher install

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:39:28 -0500, kelly wrote:

Hi,

I don't know what to do first. I want to have a dishwasher.
The problem is when my house was built, I failed to tell the
builder to include a dishwasher space, where I can just install
my dishwasher. My house is now 2 years old and I can't run after
the builder now.

Are you sure he didn't leave a space, just one filled with a cabinet?

What is the width of the cabinet next to your sink. It might be the
same as a dishwasher.

You might have to loosen the kitchen counter and lift it up to get the
cabinet out -- I guess you do, I've just never needed to get a cabinet
out. Then slide in the dishwasher and connect it to the water supply
and the drain (probably through the garbage disposal).

If the cabinet next to the sink is not the right width, maybe another
one is. Take that one out, then slide the other cabinets over to fill
up the space, and you'll have an empty space next to the sink.

I think I have a rough-in for dishwasher pipe/ or something for
dishawasher to hook-up to. But I don't have an empty space where
I can put my dishwasher. I have to free up one of my kitchen cabinets
and make a hole on the rest of cabinets?

I don't understand why you need to make a hole in other cabinets.

Who should I call about this? plumber? contractor?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.