Brad Bruce

Default Help with screw eyes

wrote:
I am building a very large fishing lure with Western Red Cedar. Because
of its weight, I am worried that the front screw eyes I typically use
will pull out. In fact, some tests I ran showed that the screw would
come out. I could use a more dense wood like maple but I very much
enjoy using WRC and besides that it's a wonderful wood for making
lures.

I tried flattening out the head end of a 3" wood screw and then
drilling it out on the end for a line tie but it wouldn't quite work.
Is there such a thing as a large wood screw with a hole on the end of
it allowing something to be tied to it? I would like something about
3" long.

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

thank you

II

Suspended ceilings use some pretty large screw-in eye-bolts.

Brad