Adrian Simpson

Default pipe freezing

I want to remove a radiator so that I can strip and replace the wall
paper behind it. Unfortunately, it looks as though the thermostatic
valve won't shut right down, so rather than draining the radiator, I
drain the system :-(

So, it looks as though I need to change the valve, and initial thoughts
were to drain the system down before doing the job, but I was wondering
how well the pipe freezing stuff works, could I use it to allow me to
drain off the radiator, remove it, then replace the valve ?

TIA

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"