HonkingGoose

Default Re-Roofing a Tar & Gravel roof with Asphalt Shingles

The pitch of 95% of the roof is 3/12 with one small area of almost flat
roof (small porch/shed roof). I'm now thinking of stripping the T&G
off and putting 1/4" Densdeck on to make the surface smooth on all the
3/12 area prior to the asphalt shingles. Then putting Metacrylics roof
system on the nearly flat area. I don't see how I could use that
machine on a 3/12 roof pitch for removing the old T&G roofing? So, am I
left with using a roofing shovel and such to remove the old T&G? Good
news is the weather has turned colder so it should be brittle.