Default The newer flat PS2 why are they all broken ?

I used to tell people they were abusing their ps2's by overheating them
in cramped AV centers or blowing cigarette smoke in them, but I am
slowly beginning to suspect that Sony just makes junky game machines.
After all, what do you do if it breaks? You buy another one. And you
can't blame them for balancing quality with service to maximize profit.
They're a business, and business is not a place for idealists.

Mine crapped out after eleven months. It reads cd's but not dvd's. And
I like to think I take very good care of my gear. I have an original
ps2 that is still rocking like brand new. I have taken it apart once to
blow the dust out of it.

I tried cracking open the new ps2 to look for the laser adjustments and
couldn't find them, so I stuck it on a shelf for a rainy day.