Greg Krynen

Default Found something weird inside my saw

It looks like a double ended stud to me, similiar to one like a car would
use to hold on the tire. VW entusiast often use ones with different sizes to
accomodate new rims on old hubs. Are there any hex sockets in the end muck?

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
larry g wrote:
I have no idea what it is but can you imagine the hours some poor sod
spent looking for that item and to this day still doesn't know where it
went....
lg

Probably not. The saw used to belong to GEC, so they probably just bought
another on company money. I'm not sure which division of GEC owned the
machine (I acquired it indirectly) but by location I'd guess it was the
steam turbines division. I guess it's possible that this is a steam
turbine part.

Chris