chris French

Default Am I being ripped off?

In message , Dave Sharp
writes

"David Hearn" wrote in message

I've no experience at doing this sort of this - but I would probably have
monitored the workings of the contractors, unless I had a previous
experience of them and knew they were trustworthy - but then I'm a
suspicious person by nature!

You may well be right there David. It's a lesson learned and if I ever do
all this again I'll try to do it better, although I'll still be governed by
the laws of physics - can't be in two places at the same time )

As a general rule I think a fixed price for the job is better approach
than a daily rate.

1. there is no incentive for them to 'drag it out'

2. you don't have the problem of monitoring daily

3. It makes budget control easier

4.
--
Chris French