The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Am I being ripped off?

Dave Sharp wrote:
"Set Square" wrote in message
Dave Sharp wrote:

The house is being completely rewired and, although not part of the
rewire, as the sparky will already have floorboards up etc., etc.,
and I haven't got the time or the energy to do it myself, I ask him
to do some extra work and run a TV aerial coax, a Cat5 cable for
computers and a seperate Cat5 for phone, from each of the four main
rooms back to a central point (in this case, that means under the
stairs). I also ask him to cable up for 6 smoke alarms (1 in each
main room + hall and landing) and a heat alarm in the kitchen.

When he handed me the
bill for the completed job yesterday, he's charged £440 for the
extra work.

Is he ripping me off for this extra work?

TIA
Dave

Dunno, but I bet that - next time - you'll get a quote *before*
authorising
extra work!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Although I said the work was "extra" to the main rewire, he knew
about it right at the beginning before ever starting work in the
house - I didn't add it on after. He said he would work for £100/day
no matter what I wanted doing.

Dave.

He worked for a £100 a day, how much did he charge for the rewire materials
i.e cable,CU, ect? did he do a second fix?
First fix usually takes 2 days, second fix about the same, where not
getting all the info here.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite