Dave Sharp

Default Am I being ripped off?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Sharp wrote:
I know that some of you will be saying that "£100 a day is cheap. I
charge £30 an hour so think yourself lucky" but that's not the point.
The point here is, should the work I've described take that long given
that floorboards are already up etc., etc., etc., or is he ripping me
off for this extra work?

If the work was done correctly, the signal cables will have been kept
separate from any mains wiring involving creating new runs.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Fair enough Dave, I can understand that. But if we allocate a full 8-hour
working day to running the cables for the heat/smoke alarms, that still
leaves 3 8-hour days to fit 12 back boxes and run a cable from each to a
central point under the stairs?

BTW, I know he uses an electric wall chaser and he has box sinker
attachments for his SDS drill so it's not like he's having to do these
things with a lump hammer and bolster.

Dave.