Default Help with screw eyes

Hey thank you guys for the ideas. I don't want to use the "through
wire method" because the lure is large.....about 16 inches in length!
You can imagine tho the weight of the lure with it being so big. I
have some two part epoxy, maybe I can try experimenting with it. Thank
you again!

II

Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:
I am building a very large fishing lure with Western Red Cedar. Because
of its weight, I am worried that the front screw eyes I typically use
will pull out. In fact, some tests I ran showed that the screw would
come out. I could use a more dense wood like maple but I very much
enjoy using WRC and besides that it's a wonderful wood for making
lures.

It's epoxy time.

Drill a hole about 2 times the diameter of the screw, then fill with a
soupy mixture of epoxy and microballoons.

When cured, drill the pilot hole for the screw eye.

Your local library should have a copy of The Gougeon Bros on Boat Building.

Lots of good info in it to solve your problem.

Lew