ATP*

Default nuther BP head bolt question

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
A J-head is held on by 4 1/2" bolts, as many of us know very well. I am
planning to work on my extra J-head, which is at the moment braced up on a
rolling platform. J-heads are devilish awkward things to move, lift, or do
anything with until they're properly mounted. But I have to work on this
one, so I'm planning to mount it on an inexpensive engine stand, procured
today for $25. First woops is it won't mount on the 4 fingers of the engine
stand, they don't go that close together. So I'm going to make another
mount plate, my engine stand mount plate just uses regular 1½" pipe.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know the bolt pattern of these 4 bolts. I
stuck a piece of steel under there and punched it using my transfer
punches (there are those ubiquitous transfer punches again) but the
pattern is really crooked and I figure someone knows the actual designed
values. Anyone?

GWE

Don't know the values, but you might consider buying a square bracket from
an old tracer head, they usually bring about $25 on ebay.