Default New sink nightmare

On 2 Nov 2005 05:54:43 -0800, in misc.consumers.house
wrote:

Yes, a different sink is a possible solution. While most go in std
size openings, there can be a difference in the outside dimensions,
meaning some will have a larger rim that might cover up your problem
area.

That is what I was thinking but the plumber said it was impossible. The gap was
literally only 1-2 millimeters long and wide. I'm wondering if I could just
screw a small piece of wood to the underside of the countertop and then caulk
over it. This of course would depend on the counter top going back to it's
normal size after drying out.

Perhaps the real problem here was not the gap but the caulk coming off and
letting water into the 1-2mm gap that then allowed the countertop to expand.