wanderer

Default Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe

On 19 Jul 2004 16:11:18 -0700, Richard Hamer wrote:

Hello,
I know this question has been addressed a few years ago, but wanted to
check on the current regulations.

I have a downstairs toilet whose waste goes directly into a soil pipe
running down into the concrete floor. I would like to replace the
toilet and add a basin, but there is no easy plumbing route for the
basin waste.

Is it still acceptable to route the basin waste directly into the
toilet waste pipe, and if so where can I get such connectors (and what
are they called?!?)

McAlpine's do a wide range of pan connectors. Pop into a builder's
merchant and ask for a leaflet, or google for their address and give 'em
a bell. At least you'll be able to see which one you're looking for.

Personally, I'd avoid any flexible or 'concertina' type connectors if
you can. I don't like the idea of those corrugations trapping waste.