nospambob

Default FIXED: Kenmore Electric Dryers == JUNK???

Thanks for posting a follow up. Wish more did whether solved or not.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:31:21 -0500, "mikegi"
wrote:

I appreciate the posts and suggestions. After reading some of the online
repair websites, I checked the thermostats on the heating element can. The
high temp cut off was an open circuit (#3977394). I bought a replacement kit
at Fox Appliance in Doraville, GA for $25 and installed it yesterday. Dryer
appears to be working again.

The guy at Fox said to replace both the open-circuited part and the
lower-temp thermostat (both pieces were in the $25 kit). He said that the
low-temp part should have cut in before the high-temp part. I assume that
one of two things happened:

1) The low-temp part was defective and the dryer overheated until it
triggered the high-temp cut off thermostat.

2) The high-temp cut off thermostat was defective and triggered at a much
lower temperature than it should have.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? #1 concerns me as it would mean that a
true overheat occured and I need to know why. #2 is a simple manufacturing
defect.

Thanks,
Mike