Christopher Tidy

Default Wow, backpack stick/tig welder

Ignoramus26745 wrote:
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:51:07 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ignoramus26745 wrote:

ebay item 7559440801

Now I've found the weight...65 lbs...imagine trying to stay steady with
a 65 lb backpack! It might be okay for welding if you put it on the
floor first, but I'm still wary.

Military is known for making people carry backpacks even bigger. I
agree with you that it is quite weighty, but some people can handle
such packpacks (I would not be one of them).

Well, plenty of folks could carry it, but I think the number of people
who could support that backpack and remain steady in order to do some
welding at the same time (probably in an awkward location on a tractor,
or something) would be pretty few.

Chris