Dave Hinz

Default Found something weird inside my saw

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:07:37 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/weird_object.jpg

It was resting on top of the vice screw behind the fixed jaw, so it
didn't affect the operation of the vice. The question is, what is it?

Looks important, but I don't see any wear through the gunk to indicate
that it has recently been a part of something moving. ?

Both screw threads are right handed and it says "T22 HF" on the
large end.

Any idea what it is?

Well, it's a bidirectional T22 HF (RH), obviously. Now, you just have
to find out what it's _for_.

Dave Hinz