Rick

Default HIPs: good thing, or bad?

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:55:42 +0000, MM wrote:

I think they are an incredibly BAD idea. And will cost a fortune. They
won't be worth the paper they're written on after the property has
been on the market for more than a few months. What then? Another
grand to get 'em revised? Buyers will trust them less than Tony Blair
with the truth. All in all, I'd say HIPs are going to be Labour's poll
tax.

MM

Most of the reports are not expensive, and can be got on line for a
small fee. The expensive one is the survayors one, where he writes a
load of words, but says noting, cause hs words it in that way. s/he
may then recommend a dozen or more reports, and now you are really
spending money.

I can't see the banks trusting a valuation form anybody they don't
appoint.

Rick