Joseph Meehan

Default Overhead florescent light is now dimmer, why?

miamicuse wrote:
I have in the kitchen a pair of overhead light fixture. Each fixture
has two florescent tubes and both fixtures are controlled by the same
light switch.

Tonight one of them suddenly dimmed and remain about half as bright
as the other one. No flickering, just half as bright. I thought the
tubes may be going bad so I went and bought two new tubes - same
wattage same brand. No difference. Still dimmed.

Any idea what could be the problem? Do I need a new light?

MC

You could have a wiring problem, or a bad ballast. At least now you
have two spare lamps.

You might try switching the ballast and see if the problem follows the
ballast. Be careful and make really sure the power is off before doing any
wiring work.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit