Edwin Pawlowski

Default Do you ever not bother with permits?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Like (for example):

When adding a single new circuit.
When installing a generator back-up switch.
Installing a chimney liner.

I mean, I'm all for code and everything, but it is a pain and it is
very slow, and requires a day off to wait for the inspector...

I am a strong believer in codes. As long as the work is done properly and
safely, it is my house and no reason to pay for a permit and inspection. It
is an income source for the town. If I was building a house or major
addition, I'd get the permit. My roofer got one when they did their work,
but did an inspector ever come around? No, they just took the money.