LRod

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:14:44 -0500, Greg wrote:

in. Does that make it magnetic? If so, then it is.

I believe it is, it's a fancy name for a latching relay in a box. Some
of the better units sense current draw and shut off in case of
overload. I've not dissected this one to determine it's features.

I went back to the original auction where I bought it and it plainly
says magnetic control. That answers that.

We had a couple of very nice email exchanges. You might check ebay to
see if he still has the Furnas type switches--they're perfect for
router tables or to replace any cheesy switches on other cheap gear.

I have a really cheesy, failed Chinese switch on a Delta Drill Press.
I'll check it out.

Look at my reply to the "table saw switches" elsewhere for a URL to
his current auction (for the mag switch above). You can post a query
through that to him directly about the drill press switch.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net