B a r r y

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer- refurb - (LONG)

wrote:

I thought your essay was well thought out, much nicer than I would have
written, and kudos to you for not mentioning the distributor/reseller
that sold you the sub par saw without giving them a chance to make it
right.

Same here. I've been following this and Greg's writings are informative
and seem very fair.

I don't believe I would have your patience. I am one of those
overbearing jerks that wants my major purchases to be at least in the
90% range of acceptability. Regardless of your words, I am sensing
some real disappointment in the product.

I went through the same feelings when both my DJ-20 and X5 bands saw
were missing major show-stopping parts from factory sealed packages.
Neither of my tools were refurbs, either.

To Greg:

In my case, after the tool is finally made right, and eventually it
will, this will fade and you will most likely have a quality tool for a
long time. Hang in there, but don't hesitate to keep pushing until
you're happy. In both of my cases, I started out nice, but ended up
having to really push Delta to make me square. Things did NOT move
quickly until I became a pain in the side.

Good luck,
Barry