Andrew Gabriel

Default New elec regs - my questionnaire!

In article ,
Andrew McKay writes:
On 22 Aug 2003 15:04:13 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

You can do this test certificate yourself though.

Can't speak for Scotland, but I was under the impression that when the

I was speaking for Scotland -- this is not what's planned for
the rest of the UK. By the way, you would be very silly to do
so if you were not competent with C&G2391 or equivalant behind
you. FWIW, I think Scotland did things right.

sh!t hits the fan in April 2004, when the new regs come in, that you
could only certificate an installation if you had C&G2391 behind you.

Or have I read this wrong?

You read it wrong - you just need to work for an NICEIC firm,
no qualifications required. The firm needs someone qualified
on the staff when they they join NICEIC, but as I said before,
when we were looking for qualified electricians, none of the
NICEIC firms we had been using had any qualified staff left.

--
Andrew Gabriel