SQLit

Default Barrel Tile Roof

"JerryL" wrote in message

"SQLit" wrote in message

"JerryL" wrote in message
Hurricane Wilma did quite a job on barrel tile roofs, including mine.

It
ripped off about 15 to 20 tiles. According to officials it might take

up
a year to get people and tiles to make repairs to everyone's roof. The

Corp
of Engineers will not install blue tarps on these roofs. My house if 6

years
old and I know that the roof was hot-tarred and papered before the

barrel
tiles were installed. Does it sound like I might have leakage problems?
It
didn't leak during the hurricane and it's pouring right now and not

leaking.
Will the underlayment hold till I can get someone to repair the roof?

I live in Arizona and hot mopping IS NOT DONE under a tile roofs.
The tile prevents the sun and a lot of the water from the membrane that

is
the actual water proofing part of the roof. Exposure to the sun and
weather
would be a concern over time.
Your real question which only someone who has seen your installation can
answer "How long before the roof is leaking?"
I would be consulting someone local. The contractor that did your home
would
be a really good place to start.

Well, in South Florida they hot mop the roof. As for getting a contractor

examine the roof, they are giving appointments for 6 months from now just

examine the roof.

I was inferring the find the contractor that did your house. The contractor
of record should be able to answer the question over the phone after all he
put it on. At least a range of time.