Andy Hill

Default Barrel Tile Roof

"JerryL" wrote:
Hurricane Wilma did quite a job on barrel tile roofs, including mine. It
ripped off about 15 to 20 tiles. According to officials it might take up to
a year to get people and tiles to make repairs to everyone's roof. The Corp
of Engineers will not install blue tarps on these roofs. My house if 6 years
old and I know that the roof was hot-tarred and papered before the barrel
tiles were installed. Does it sound like I might have leakage problems? It
didn't leak during the hurricane and it's pouring right now and not leaking.
Will the underlayment hold till I can get someone to repair the roof?

I'd at least try to band-aid the problem by putting *something* up there to
protect the waterproofing layer from UV and mechanical damage. Doesn't have to
be pretty.