TKM

Default Lights flickering

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK -- maybe this sounds dumb...I don't know. We just finished a
basement renovation job involving some electrical work. We installed 3
halogen pot lights and 3 2-tube fluorescent lights all off of one
switch. When we connected everything and powered it up the fluorescent
lights flickered...pretty bad. It was hard on the eyes to be in the
room. The little instruction paper included in the box indicated that
the tubes may need to be "seasoned"...and suggested leaving the lights
on for 24-48 hours. Other suggestions regarding temperature, etc.,
weren't applicable in this situation.

My question is:

Was wiring up 3 halogen and 3 fluorescent lights on the same circuit
wrong? Logically it doesn't seem so but I started thinking that maybe
something is not compatible. Or is the entire problem directly related
to the new bulbs/fixture/ballasts, etc.?

Please shed "light" on this if possible.

Thanks!

To answer your question -- no, there should not be a problem of interference
when both halogen incandescent and fluorescent fixtures are connected to the
same circuit.

TKM