SQLit

Default Reducing PVC waste pipe noise

"Mark L." wrote in message
Greetings All,
Is there a product that will minimize the noise from 2" PVC waste
piping that runs overhead through the ceiling? Since all of the walls
and ceilings are opened up and almost ready to be drywalled, this is the
time for some sound insulation/isolation. Can anything be wrapped around
the pipes, or is the sound deadened by filling up the stud/joist bays
with a product? Thanks in advance, Mark L.

I tried to get rid of water noise from the hose bib near my bathroom. Since
I had the wall open I insulated the wall and the pipe with that foam
covering. Ok the sound is less but not worth the expense. I thought that
the 3.5 inches of insulation in the wall would quiet it down a lot. NOPE.

In your situation I would try some insulation on all of the surfaces around
the pipe Not the pipe itself. WAG from someone who is not good at this.