Gideon

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

I agree that fixtures should be more "CF friendly." But I should point out
that we've had good luck with some "unfriendly" fixtures by purchasing
socket extenders, which are very easy to find and rather inexpensive.

Gideon

Michael Daly wrote

It's about time that we can get fixtures specifically designed for CFLs. I've
been annoyed for years that many standard fixtures don't fit the screw-in CFLs
very well - they either assume the base is small close to the threaded part
and don't clear the ballast or don't provide clearance for taller CFLs.

Mike