mm

Default Temporary roof repair after Wilma advise

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:32:13 -0500, "miamicuse"
wrote:

Well, I do a lot of stuff, but climbing on a ladder to the roof is something
I cannot do, my knees get weak when I get up the ladder. I am OK once I am
on the roof, but I have a real phobia when I am on the ladder about to set
foot on the roof and also when I get off from it.

I don't have a tremendous fear, but getting off and on the ladder are
definitely the worst parts. Much easier however if the ladder extends
3 or 4 feet above the edge of the roof.

Mine just barely passed the gutter the first year I was here and had
to install a roof fan. I planned ahead and carried everything up in
one shot. I was sitting sideways, near the top. I cut the shingles
and the wood, and wanted to install the fan, but it seemed I hadn't
brought it up with me. I finally found it right behind me. I had
been too scared to turn more than 70 degrees. So I couldn't see it.

But I got the job done, and done well.

But the next day, I was sore all over, even though nothing was heavy
or required force. It was one big isometric exercise, sitting so
still with all my muscles tense, for fear I'd relax and roll off.

I can't explain it, but
it's true. Some of it has to do with the Krause ladder I have (very
skinny), but most of it is me (psychological), plus having two neighbors who
fell off their ladder last year does not inspire any confidence.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.