The Natural Philosopher

Default LV Lighting in Bathroom

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Jeff" writes:

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding LV lighting. I want to put in five LV lights
in the bathroom (I've found the correct IP rated lights) and I need to buy
the transformer(s) to go with them.

All the lights are 50W affairs and my choice is either individual torodial
or electronic transformers or a 5 output torodial transformer. Anyone any
advice which route to go?

Doesn't 250W of lighting in a bathroom ring any alarm bells?
You might want to step back and question how sensible this is.

Its about right for a big bathroom using LV spots.

I am using 2, 3 and 4 x 50W in three toilets/ bathrooms, and they are
not overlit.