mm

Default Washer/Dryer -- Lowe's vs. Home Depot

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:58:54 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

ISTM that many people knock Lowe's and HD largely because some
particular model of appliance or some particular line of paint (for
example) is not available there. But in many cases, the identical
product is available at Lowe's or HD but with a different model number
or name simply to protect competing stores from having to match the price.

I agree with everything you say, except that when say, HD has its own
model number for something, it's to protect *themselves* from having
to match the price at some other store. Not to protect competing
stores.

In the case of one company this annoyed me a lot, but HD and Lowes
don't make a big deal about matching other stores' price, iirc. And
if they say it at all, I guess they would on the many smaller products
that they don't have their own model number for.

Same thing with Sam's Club and Costco on some items.

Perce

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.