Edwin Pawlowski

Default Washer/Dryer -- Lowe's vs. Home Depot

LOWE'S: The good news is that they have a huge selection. The bad
news is that none of the 6 we were willing to buy was in stock, and
they wouldn't special order them because they are on continuous order.
We would have to go on a waiting list for any item we were willing to
buy. The sales guy was a prick. Screw Lowe's.
_______________

HOME DEPOT: Small selection but we were able to have whatever we chose
delivered in 2 days. Nice sales lady. So we bought one of those new
high efficiency front loaders with matching dryer. Wasn't cheap.

Go to a local appliance dealer. One in town here is a part of Brand
Central, a co-op of dealers that is able to buy at better pricing than
individual. He will order anything you want and usually has in in two days.
They deliver and install and bett eh price of the big box stores every time.
Try the local guy, he really wants and cares about you as a customer.

The service I get from them is just so far supeiror to the big stores. When
my freezer broke, he brought one to use until he got the one I wanted. When
I bought some parts to fix my washer and then decided to b uy new instead,
he took the parts back (full refund) and delivered, installed, took the old
one away within three hours of me being at the store. Try to get delivery
like that from Sears.