John-Del

Default Source For LED Panels (See Design)

Steve TR wrote:
I've got a 1971 Ford LTD Convertible. These cars have eight 1157 style
bulbs in the rear to give full width tail and brake lights. That's a LOT
of current going through 30+ year old wiring, switches, and corroded sockets
when you hit the brakes.

I have a 66 Mustang 2+2 that has LED lights from a company called
Mustang Project
http://www.mustangproject.com/67-68%...sion%20Kit.pdf .
You can contact them and see if they have a universal led kit for other
cars.

BTW, you are correct about using the original wiring harness for high
current devices. What I do is use my original switches and wiring just
as "signal" sources, and have them feed high current automobile quality
relays. My headlights, fuel pump (fuel injected 5.0), electric fan,
fog lights etc. are fed by a new heavy (and fused) 12v bus.

John