Brian Lawson

Default uses for cheap threading die set

Hey Mo,

Me old eyes ain't what they used to be...so....I've got a set like
those (in fact two in inch, and one in metric) with the taps stuck
shank in, and the dies glued over a suitable hole each, on a small
"test" board that I use merely to "size" the odds and sods that turn
up off the floor or at a garage sale or what have you. If the
screw/bolt, or the nut, won't fit, then it is of little value to me
anyway. Just goes in the scrap metals bin. Works better than those
"screw thread" plastic doohickeys.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 30 Oct 2005 19:37:37 -0800, "mongke" wrote:

Hi all

So I was tempted by the devil and bought one of these cheapie 40 pcs
tap and
die sets (the ones in the blue case). Those hex dies are useless of
course,at least for starting threads. Care to suggest creative uses for
the stuff, so the loss wont be total?

Regards,

MOngke