Noozer

Default Washer/Dryer -- Lowe's vs. Home Depot

Personally I'd avoid both Lowes and Home Despot for appliances... but...

Contact Lowes head office and tell them what you said here - You WANT to buy
something but the store was not willing to find or order one for you. Report
the salesperson you were talking to.

Tell them that this is just not acceptable and you want those appliances and
expect some kind of "apology" gesture to show that Lowes actually wants you
as a customer.

"Jack" wrote in message
LOWE'S: The good news is that they have a huge selection. The bad
news is that none of the 6 we were willing to buy was in stock, and
they wouldn't special order them because they are on continuous order.
We would have to go on a waiting list for any item we were willing to
buy. The sales guy was a prick. Screw Lowe's.
_______________

HOME DEPOT: Small selection but we were able to have whatever we chose
delivered in 2 days. Nice sales lady. So we bought one of those new
high efficiency front loaders with matching dryer. Wasn't cheap.

However, without even trying, the delivery guy said that the new
venting tube wouldn't fit and used our old one from the previous
dryer. On top of that, the nice sales lady forgot to give us a copy
of the extended warranty we paid for.

I was able to return the new venting cable but not without a fight.
Clerk wanted a 15% re-stocking fee. Bull****, the sales lady said we
needed it; it wasn't my choice. Wasn't my fault the delivery guy was
unable (or unwilling) to install it. It never left the package.
Also, it was a hassle to get a copy of the warranty plan that the
original sales lady forgot. There were different sales people on duty
and they had attitudes when they saw we were there to get a copy of
the warrranty rather than buy something. They acted like we were
asking for access to their bank accounts rather than a sheet of paper
with warranty terms and conditions.