Andrew Gabriel

Default New elec regs - my questionnaire!

In article ,
Tony Bryer writes:
In article , S Viemeister wrote:
Piggy-backing on your post - Are the new regulations for England
and Wales only, or will they apply to Scotland as well?

I don't pretend to know the details but electrical installations
have been part of the Scottish Building Regs for a long while
(though at a pure guess perhaps only when part of a larger job).
From a quick Google:

"8. IS IT NECESSARY TO OBTAIN A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION WHEN MY
BUILDING WORK IS FINISHED?

Yes. You should complete and return to your local authority an
application for a certificate of completion, together with a
certificate of compliance for the electrical installation where
appropriate when the warrant work is complete"

http://www.highland.gov.uk/plintra/d..._questions.htm

So this would suggest that if you build something like an extension
they will want to see a test certificate

You can do this test certificate yourself though.

--
Andrew Gabriel