Appliance Repair Aid

Default Kenmore Electric Dryers == JUNK???

mikegi wrote:
In March 2004, our Kenmore Electric Dryer (model #110-66912690), purchased
in 1996, stopped heating. Repairman replaced the heating element. A few
months later the dryer wouldn't work at all, possibly due to a door switch
or some other problem. We decided to buy an new one rather than have another
expensive repair. We decided to buy the exact same model figuring that the
old one falling apart was just a fluke.

Unfortunately, we were wrong. Our new Kenmore Electric dryer suddenly
stopped heating last week. It spins fine, just no heat at all. Now, I have
to admit that I'm impressed with Sears/Kenmore's engineers. This new model
failed as soon after the warranty as you could reasonably expect: 4 months.
It must be difficult to manufacture a product with a lifetime tuned so well
to the warranty. But enough conspiracy theory...

I took off the front bottom panel and tested the heating element with a
ohmmeter. It measured around 8-10 ohms. I assume that means the element
isn't broken. I flipped the house breaker, checked the ducts, no luck. So,
it must be some other piece of the puzzle.

Does anyone have any ideas on easy things to check on this particular model?

Thanks,
Mike

PS. I lodged a complaint with Sears online on Oct 25 and they said someone
would get back to me in 48 hours. Another misrepresentation from my friends
at Sears. I guess the thousands of dollars I've spent there on appliances
means nothing. If I'm ever asked, I'll tell people I know to avoid Sears at
all cost.

Hi,

Now, I have
to admit that I'm impressed with Sears/Kenmore's engineers.

There isn't any....Kenmore is made by other manufactures for Sears.
110.######## is a Whirlpool built Kenmore.

Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer
from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:

- house fuse or breaker ( needs 2! )... - heating element ... - burnt
wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor
heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power
cord/plug ...

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/