Jerry Foster

Default uses for cheap threading die set

"mongke" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

So I was tempted by the devil and bought one of these cheapie 40 pcs
tap and
die sets (the ones in the blue case). Those hex dies are useless of
course,at least for starting threads. Care to suggest creative uses for
the stuff, so the loss wont be total?

Regards,

MOngke

Even though they aren't exactly the highest quality, they do work pretty
good for cleaning up bunged up threads. I've also used them when I cut the
thread about 80% on the lathe and cleaned them up with a cheap die. And the
taps work pretty good in aluminum, but I wouldn't suggest having much faith
in them for steel (unless you really like trying to get out broken taps...).

Jerry