miamicuse

Default Temporary roof repair after Wilma advise

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
SQLit wrote:
Some breakage of tile is normal wear and tear. After all the stuff
is a close kin to pottery.
Walking on the roof can and will damage the tiles. Especially if I
were to do it ~300 lbs.

Nowadays the most common roof tile is made out of concrete, not clay.

In Florida concrete roof tile is required to be tested to withstand
several hundred psi, and if properly installed (using a foam-in-place
paddy system) you can walk on these tiles without damage. I haven't
tested this myself but I've had 275 lb roofers walk all over my roof
during and after installation without breakage.

This is not true of older concrete tiles such as 'Duntex', a crummy
Florida and Texas tile that will disintegrate if a basketball is dropped
on it!

I can walk on mine OK. My problem is getting up there. I am real nervous
on a ladder, no kidding. My wife even laugh at me when I climb on a ladder.