Don Bruder

Default Is this just one of those "Secret" Machinist things?

In article ,
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Don Bruder wrote:

"It's taking longer than we thought..."

It's starting to take me all night to do what I used to do all night...

Yes, four times a night has definitely taken on a different meaning for
me now.

Actually, I was referring to someone's (Danged if I can remember who -
might even be somebody posting here) "Organization" header on their
messages - I believe it goes something like this in it's full form:
"Fighting stupidity one idiot at a time. It's taking longer than we
thought..."

Hey, whatcha doin' snooping around my headers Don. I put that line there
in my newsgroup settings on one of my computers when I couldn't think of
anything better to say. I didn't think anyone dug that deep into headers
unless they were trying to nail a scam artist or something like that.

Happy Haloween anyway,

Jeff

Some of the better newsreaders automatically show all the headers... The
one I use being one example. I automatically get the From:,
Organization:, Newsgroups:, and Date: lines displayed with every
message, with zero effort on my part. (X-face: lines, if present, are
displayed as well) Should I so desire, seeing *ALL* the headers of a
message is as simple as scrolling up while a message window is open
until the headers come into view - otherwise, it displays the message
with the first "non-header" line flush against the top of the window,
hiding the headers as if I'd already scrolled past them.

One of the benefits of using a dedicated program that does one thing,
one thing only, and does it very well, rather than a "Swiss Army knife"
program that tries to do everything, but only manages to get one part
rightt. (Mozilla is also my choice of web browser, but that's what it
gets used for exclusively - *NO* Usenet reading/posting, *NO* email send
or receive, *NO* instant messaging, no *ANYTHING* but web pages)

But let's don't get me started on why I think using a web browser to
read/post on usenet is just as evil as Bill Gates and Microsoft being
allowed to continue existing...

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info