miamicuse

Default Temporary roof repair after Wilma advise

My barrel tiled roof was damaged by Wilma. Basically many tiles along the
ridge of the roof were either broken, missing or cracked. Here is a picture
of one side of the ridge:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...oof_ridge1.jpg

A close up view:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...oof_ridge2.jpg

The tiles are ten years old, and I don't know if I should replace the entire
roof or just get things fixed.

Getting a roofer to come by to take a look will take weeks, no one is
answering phone calls now, and everyone needs a roofer to fix their damaged
roof. I also need an insurance adjuster to come take a look, but I just
don't think what I had will exceed the $10000 deductable I have for
windstorm...I had roof damage and fence was blown away.

Last time I spoke to someone to repair my roof, he told me my tiles have
been discontinued and I was lucky I had two pieces left. What will they do
if there is no longer any replacement tiles?

Should I put some tarp on my ridge in the mean time in case it rains? How
would I attach the tarp? Duct tape?

Thanks for any advise,

MC