James Sweet

Default Missing coax connector on TV

So, I can just glue another connector on there? Is there no physical
connection? How does the signal get transferred from the connector into
the tuner? If there is a web page that describes this, that would be fine.

Thanks!

fybar

I see this all the time. It's easy to fix using another connector, or
the original connector if you still have it. It's not hard, but you
need to be skilled at soldering. You WILL ruin the tuner if you're
using a $10 radio shack soldering iron and radio shack solder. It
takes a powerful temperature controlled soldering iron and good
quality solder to solder the outside of the connector to the tuner
case. If this connection is poor, the connector will be ripped off
again by even the slightest tug. The center pin is easier, but if the
iron is too hot you can easily damage the board inside the tuner. Any
clumsy soldering can damage the many surface mount components inside
the tuner.
Andy Cuffe

I've had success using a Weller 140W soldering gun for the outside of
the connector, but if it fits tightly you can jam it in there and then
epoxy around the inside to hold it. Any iron will work for soldering the
center conductor. I've also used panel mount connectors with a threaded
nut that holds them in place.