Eric R Snow

Default Turn your Trav-A-Dial into DRO kit proposal

On 30 Oct 2005 08:46:33 -0800, "woodworker88"
wrote:

Would this include the encoder and the display, or just the cost of the
modification. We are looking for a dro for our bridgeport clone but
can't afford the $1000 price tag for a decent one.

This would include the display and encoder. You would need to supply
the Trav-A-Dial. If you are looking for a complete system look at
Jenix. Two axes. .0002 resolution. An outfit called LMSC sells them.
Follow this link:
http://www.digitalreadoutsystem.com/Jenix/jenix_dro.htm
The price is less than 700 bucks.
Anyway, this is just a proposal right now. I have looked at all the
parts required and quoted the machining like I would a job for someone
else. So even if I started making them tomorrow it would still be at
least a month before any would ship.
Eric