Don Stauffer

Default spray paint can question

Is there any safe way to open a still-pressurized can of spray paint with a
completely plugged nozzle, to get the paint out so I can brush it on?

How about if I made a tool e.g. drilled a small hole in a Popsicle stick or
tongue depressor, turned the can upside down, removed the nozzle, and depressed
the valve stem with the hole aligned? Maybe the air would all come out and leave
the paint inside, then I could cut it open any way I wanted reasonably safely.

Ideas? Experience?

GWE

Is it the plastic nozzle that is clogged, or the valve in the can? If it
is just the nozzle, you can replace it with a similar nozzle.

One tip to prevent clogging, always replace the can cover as soon as
possible after cleaning the nozzle.