Sacramento Dave

Default Hot Tub Ants

"Bryan" wrote in message
m...
I've got ants!

Northern California black ants. The kind that invade whenever the weather
get really hot or really wet. The kind that ignore food. They're looking
for something (aren't we all), but it's not food. Maybe the weather

changes
disrupt their homes (like earthquakes on ant-scale).

Anyway, lately they've been swarming the top edges of the hot tub. The

hot
tub sits on a gravel bed surrounded by a wood frame with dirt or grass.
It's going to foggy with occasional periods of rain until next summer.

What
do you think my best ant-kill and return-prevention options are?

" It's going to foggy with occasional periods of rain until next summer" Boy
that sure sounds like the Mill Valley hills. As for the ants I would go buy
a spray at Home Depot or any hardware store, maybe try some bait station,
try some deferent stuff the cost is cheaper than a pest service sure they
will come back and spray for free ( I sure that's if you singe a service
contract)We had a pest service when we bought our new house cost I believe
$65 every 6 weeks. Still got ants and a excuse every time they came back,
that was a short lived service( the lawn guy is next) It seems when the
first rains hit the ants are on the move, seems like when the summer heat
hits the ants are on the move, seems like nothing kills them.