Edwin Pawlowski

Default Refurbished Unisaws

"Upscale" wrote in message

The fact that they're built in the US, does that mean that the
construction
materials are of higher quality or the assembly methods are superior?
Perhaps both? Considering that it's owned by Toyota, what's to stop
management from making sure that both these aspects of construction are
the
same as might be done in their overseas plants? ~ cheaper make?

My point is that although we like to buy American, some foreign makes are
superior. So superior that they now justify putting assembly plants in the
US. EVERY country is capable of making junk or making a quality product. It
is the management philosophy of the company that makes the difference,
followed by training and quality control To stay in business, a company has
to make a profit. To sustain sales, they have to make a product people want
to buy. While I've never owned a Japanese car, there are a couple of my
list to check out for my next purchase, probably next summer. It may be
another nail in the coffin for GM as most of my cars have been for many
years.

side by side comparisons, Toyota was the preferred truck by all that test
drove them in our plant.

The same questions apply. Did they prefer them because of construction
quality, assembly quality or perhaps both?

Ease of use and operability too. Toyota has the best view through the mast
when driving forward, a big plus. Buying forklifts is worse than buying a
used car. The two salesmen were fiercely competing down to the last minutes.
I had one in the conference room and the other called twice trying to better
his deal. When both trucks were in our plant for test use, each salesman
pointed out why his was better in complete contradiction to the other. One
has a high air intake, the other low. Each says the other sucks in more
dust. One has controls low, the other high, each says his were less tiring
to use and more ergonomic.

We went from one truck to two, then to four in the past six years, but the
real price negotiation was for the first. We maintain the same price level.
They make very little on the truck sale , but they make money on the
quarterly service for years.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/