Greg G.

Default Refurbished Unisaws

Edwin Pawlowski said:

joe2 wrote:

Personally, I boycott anything marked “made in China”, been doing so
for most of two decades, but it’s getting harder and harder to get
around.

OK, Off Topic Crap. But...

While I have been verbally lamenting the loss of US industry, don't
get the idea I am a Nationalist. I buy products from Germany, Italy,
France, England and even Japan and other developed, economically
mature countries without *too* much chagrin.

What I resent is the unlevel playing field that Chinese products
represent, and the total collapse of our own industries as a result.

I have no problem with the Chinese people, but I do not trust the
Government nor their intentions. Their quiet build up of arms and
technology, continuing human rights issues, environmental chaos, and
their not so secret desire to become a world empire once again leads
me to believe that our pandering is a bad thing for us and the world
in general.

And they certainly have no intention of ever buying our products in an
open marketplace - they shun ours and develop their own.
A few examples:

DVDs? No way, the Chinese government promoted the internal
development of CVD and refuses to enforce foreign copyrights.

Cars? Ha! Don't even go there, we can't even sell them to Americans.

Machinery? Well, we don't make anything anymore - other than military
weapons. The Japanese have dominated the robotics industry. And they
already make everything else.

Computer Software? Double Ha-Ha. Bill Gates is fuming at this very
minute - millions of bootleg copies of Windows are in use already.
And, they have developed their own Linux based O.S.

What is left to sell them? Food? I bought a gallon bottle of apple
juice at Kroger the other day, and on the side of the bottle, in tiny
little letters, was stamped "Imported from China". I took it back and
raised hell. The last thing I'm going to drink is a cadmium, mercury,
PCB, etc. filled bottle of apple juice from China.

And why didn't we embrace the Russians with as much zeal as we have
the Chinese? After all, they attempted to embrace democracy and
capitalism, and we snubbed them. And as a result, arms and nuclear
materials have spread worldwide, and they are near chaos. Not very
good democracy building, if you ask me... Even though the old Soviet
blok countries are inching forward, with companies like Groz and such,
they certainly haven't received the economic boost we handed China.

While I'm obviously not a foreign affairs guru, it makes me wonder
what the hell we are doing - Well, actually I do know... $$$$$$$$$
Avarice reigns supreme. :-\

Greg G.