Ralph Mowery

Default Electric Water Heater Grounded to Copper Water Pipes?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in gulfcoast Florida and have been plagued by persistent (1-2
per year) pinhole leaks in the copper pipes in our home (1990). One
interesting aspect is that, so far, all the pinhole leaks have occurred
in cold-water lines. I am not sure what that may indicate, but,
perhaps, someone has an opinion.

Probably something in the water. A water heater has an anode (think that is
the correct name) in it that is made to be eaten away by the chemicals in
the water. It is a rod of special metel that is usually attached to a pipe
plug that goes into the water of the tank. Saves the tank. By now yours is
probably just about gone.