Greg G.

Default Refurbished Unisaws

Frank Boettcher said:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:58:27 -0400, Greg wrote:

That's what the vendor claimed - Not returned customer units, but
defunct dealer returns. But aren't the newer tables cast in China?

No. The table will either be from a foundry in Swee****er, TN
machined by the fine people in Tupelo, MS, or from a foundry in
Waupaca, WI, machined by a subcontractor in North Alabama. Depending
on the time frame of the machines original manufacture and whether the
table was replaced.

Well, it's good to know that "something" is still made in the USA.
There is so darned little of it anymore.

/RANT ON

I grew up in the electronics industry, and watched as it deteriorated
to it's current non-existent state. Plants closed nationwide and
moved to Mexico and Asia. Eventually the names were sold off to
Korean, French, and Chinese companies - there are none left.

I still have work clothes made in the USA, ragged and full of holes,
because I refuse to buy Chinese textiles, jeans and tennis shoes. And
these idiots who pay $75 for a sneaker with a "star" endorsement
aren't helping - same crappy Chinese shoes that cost $4.00 to
manufacture. Wall Street loves it, I don't. As a nation, we are
digging our own economic grave. The rich aren't concerned - they've
found a new source of slave laborers that don't sue, demand heath
care, environmental stewardship, or decent salaries. While the ranks
of the poor and unemployed just keep swelling.

8,600 US companies have been sold to foreign interests in the past 10
years for $1.3 Trillion. The US imported $617 billion more than it
exported in 2004. This money acquired by foreign countries is not used
to buy our merchandise as we manufacture very little that other
countries want. They are using it to buy many of our major companies
like Chrysler, Amoco Oil, Arco Oil, Citgo - in addition to entire
industries - 69% of the movie industry, 81% of the cement industry,
100% of the TV manufacturing industry, and 8,600 other major American
companies in the last 10 years.

That $617 Billion equates to approximately $1.25 Million per minute
flowing into foreign hands 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
In October, the deficit rose to $59 billion, about $1.1 billion more
than in September.

I can only hope I live long enough to see the world stabilize on a
level playing field - before China (and others) have ALL of our
capital and we deteriorate into another has-been, third world country.

Can't happen here? Right - History reveals a different reality.
Many an empire has fallen in the shifting sands of time...
Misplaced National Pride, Arrogance and Denial isn't helping one iota.

Those 'fine folks' in Tupelo, MS, along with millions around the
country, are losing their jobs to outsourcing, and don't have much in
the way of realistic alternative employment. Jobs at McDonalds and
Holiday Inn just don't cut it.

/RANT OFF

Thanks for the info,

Greg G.